• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has the worst support of any software!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After months of fighting over being billed for Acrobat professional and never getting any emails answered I filed a case with my credit card. The software never installed properly had numerous errors  and pop ups but didn't work. So months later I have found out there was a forum I was supposed to post my problem on. Shame on me for thinking because I paid for a program it should be supported by the company I paid to use it not a bunch of end users. Worst part was I ended up paying an early termination fee so I paid for a year of something I never used. Thought only the government ripped people off like that and got away with it.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi billt13375411ā€‹,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Could you please let me know the version of Acrobat Pro you are having issues with?

For ex, if you have Acrobat Pro DC installed on the computer, launch Acrobat Pro DC>Help>About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Which Operating System you have on the machine-Windows/Mac?

Also, what issue you are facing in the working of the product?

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No longer installed as it would not work, computer is Windows 10 using 64 bit. Was charged for the year and it never worked after the trial, not sure why the trial worked but paid version had an error pop up every time the program was opened. Was used to edit pdf documents only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi billt13375411ā€‹,

You might try below mention steps:

1- Download and run Cleaner tool from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Restart the computer.

3- Download and install Acrobat Pro DC from this link: Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

4- Restart the computer.

5- Launch Acrobat and see if its working fine.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that seemed to work for the trial but how do I get the financial aspect of this problem resolved? I was billed for a year of something that did not work and it's not fair that I should have to start a subscription all over when I have already paid to use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You completely missed the part about being billed for it after I cancelled because no one would help. Not paying for another year only to hope it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi billt13375411,

Please contact our Support here: Contact Customer Care , click Still need help? Contact us.  Login into your Adobe account before contacting Support.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING TECHNICAL SUPPORT.  DISGUSTING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ Mod: Link without relevance to this discussion removed ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this only further proves how much the support from Adobe sucks. Several months later no one has contacted me to apologize for the lack of support or customer service. I still have a need for the product and once again the trial worked fine. In order to use the paid version for $15 per month I have to commit to a one year contract. The last time I did after 2 months of trying to get help I cancelled it and contacted my credit card for a dispute. I lost the dispute and was billed the final 10 months even though it never worked. THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ADOBE SUCKS NO ONE GIVES A S#@!

So what am I supposed to do? Buy a pirate copy on ebay or use a hacked license? If you don't care what the users are doing maybe that would apply again, not sure about anything except I have a need for the software and cant use it. Perhaps a class action suit like I had against another software company might be in order, time to find that attorneys number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm your bad experience with Adobe. I lost my email address and couldn't access my Adobe account anymore. I have tried numerous times to get help from Adobe but without an email address they wouldn't help. Yes, they took the money, that they did, but they never gave me any software in return. In the end I had to block Adobe from taking more money out of my credit card account.

On top of that; I live in the Netherlands, we speak Dutch here, I speak Dutch, and Adobe sells a Dutch version of Creative Cloud. However I could not speak to a Dutch speaking employee. I was allowed to choose between a phone call with an 'English' speaker from India, or an online English chat (robot). Both were less than helpful. No email address means no software.

Now I do admit that Adobe has to be careful with users who cannot use the email address that is associated with their account. But it is not impossible to loose an email address. There is still the payment, and there are other means to check an identity. They could, for instance, ask me to make a small payment with the same credit card to verify that I am who I say I am. Or any other means to confirm who I am, but they simply refuse to help. Grabbing money, yes, giving service, no.

It still makes me mad if I think about it. It's, after all, not a small amount of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe used to have a pretty good Dutch customer and technical support team, based in Amsterdam. I guess they cancelled it... Jammer.

At any rate, there should be a way of helping you get support, even if you don't have access to your old email address, provided you can identify yourself using some other details. I will inform the Adobe Staff here of this issue and hopefully you will be contacted soon to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peterd,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Could you please let us know if you have any case number for the chat interaction you had with our Support?

You can send the case number to us via private message. To send a private message, hover your mouse over my user name and click Message.

Thank You for your patience.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I am not sure I have ever experienced worse support then I do with Adobe. It's incredibly sad because they are so successful yet they job out all their support to India and don't equip those people to perform their jobs adequately.

I am still on a chat after nearly an hour for someone to tell me how I can find in my account a $9.99/mo fee I noticed on my bank statement so I can cancel it.

I have chatted with support, then they transferred me to sales, now onto customer support.

Pathetic really. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to follow this up: I didn't reply to this request because I was fed up with it, and probably didn't have a "case number". Instead I asked my creditcard company to refund the payment. Bad mistake. The only thing that Adobe needed to do was to prove that I paid, which I admit I did, for the credit card company to think that Adobe had a right to the money. The bad thing was that Adobe communicated the prove by fax and email, with all my creditcard details in plain text. Days later the fraudulent payments on my credit card started. Before I could block the card there were about 12 payments. To my surprise I did get those refunded from the credit card company. Then again, I could prove I wasn't in India. It does however mean that 12 other businesses lost money, something I find very unpleasant. I have stopped using any credit cards since, luckily that's still an option here. As you can imagine, I am still very dissatisfied with Adobe, and only use their software because I have to. If I had ANY CHOICE I would never use them again, ever! Then again, I think that of many American companies. Would I fly in a Boeing? I guess so, but only when I have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines