• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot revert from InDesign CC2017 to CC 2015

Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "Previous versions" in my Creative Cloud, InDesign CC 015 is not there. Since CC 2017 made all my plugins unusable, I need to go back. I didn't notice the option to not uninstall previous version when I updated, and I am really stuck.

A friend down the hall has exactly the same problem, so I know it is nothing specific to my computer.

Is there any way to safely uninstall CC 2107 and get back to the earlier version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Incidentally, I tried all 7 options given in the Windows forum (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5507-default-apps-choose-windows-10-a.html#option1) but CC 2017 didn’t show up on any of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Apps section under Find Additional Apps, click on Previous Versions you will see InDesign listed. On clicking Install it will show list of all previous versions. You can select CC( 2015) 11.0 and install it.

Regards,

-Pradeep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact steps to return to CC 2015 shown on the second section of this blog post:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-creative-cloud-not-working-upgrade/

Note that words Previous Version appear twice: pick the 2nd one.

Safariss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This did the trick nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After following your advice, I got the plugins update and now want to use 2017 as my default, but...

In Windows 10 on a PC, I now have both programs on my computer. However, when I tried to change the default program to 2017, it doesn't show up in the Windows list. Alternatively, when I choose "open as" and navigate to the right subdirectory and click on the program, 2015 opens up.

I cannot figure out how to change the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Incidentally, I tried all 7 options given in the Windows forum (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5507-default-apps-choose-windows-10-a.html#option1) but CC 2017 didn’t show up on any of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines