• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone please make my LR 4 launch?  it's been working for years and today, it won't launch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more informations. What OS do you use? Error messages? What was change, like patches or updates, before the error is occured?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 keeps crashing. I’ve tried to find the solution since 9:00 pm. I use OS El Captian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 4 was working perfectly until an Adobe rep de-installed (she didn’t tell me she did so) it as she couldn’t get LR 6 to download. It was able to be downloaded on another window.

I would really like to get LT 4 back as all my pics are in LR 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I can't help here. I doesn't have any experience with Mac and Apple's OS

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

susanne globig wrote:

I would really like to get LT 4 back as all my pics are in LR 4.

Your images are NOT IN Lightroom. All of them, including your LR 4 catalog file, are stored on hard drives either inside your computer or connected externally to your computer.

So you haven't lost any of your images whatever version of LR is or isn't installed. If I uninstalled all versions of LR that are on my computer all my images would still be on my hard drives.

Is LR 6 now installed on your system?

Is LR 4 now installed on your system?

If LR 4 was working and then suddenly stopped working then you have a problem with your computer. No program just stops work for no reason. 99% of the time the reason you have problems with programs working is computer hardware related.

If you can't download LR 6 or install any version of LR then you have either hardware problems or operating system problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I know but I want LR 4 back. its the principle. She had no right to de-install it. Yes, I have LR 6 installed on the other window and after 4 hours, I’ve come to terms with it. She had no right to de-install LR 4 without letting me know. It’s the principle and I want LR 4 back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you call Adobe and why did you let the Adobe rep take over your computer.

Did you get some type of error message and if you did what did it say?

You can copy your LR 4 catalog over to your other computer and LR 6 will make a copy of it and convert that copy to one that works with LR 6. That way you won't lose all the edits done on your images.

As I stated before if LR 4 was working properly then suddenly stopped working, wouldn't open, then you have a problem with your computer. More than likely the hard drive is starting to fail or has failed beyond repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines