• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't load any workspace or add any windows?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I see when I open animate.

I can't add any windows or load preset workspaces or preloaded workspaces (in the top right)

I can't do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Adam.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens when you click the workspace dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the regular drop down...

When I click any it looks like it's loading then goes back to the first image I posted. Some .xmls don't even load!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those are probably corrupted xml's.

click any in the middle section that don't have a .xml suffix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've clicked the pre-loaded ones as stated, they do nothing or just load the same layout without windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

start to uninstall animate pro, Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

when given the option to remove preferences be sure to tick 'yes' that you want to remove your preferences.  (if you don't see, and tick, that option, uninstalling and reinstalling is unlikely to help.)

if you were able to uninstall your preferences use a file browser to see if those .xml files still remain.  my guess is that they will still be left on your computer and will need to be removed manually. 

once you've uninstalled your preferences and removed those .xml files, reinstall animate pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad, I've just gotten back and loaded the program and they appear this time, it's a bit bizzare, do you recommend re-installing still?

Thanks,

Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, leave well enough alone.

what about those .xml workspaces do they load?  do you know what they are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, no they don't appear anymore:

I'm guessing the .xml files are the custom setups that synch to the adobe servers and my account right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried re-launching Animate? If the issue still persists, can you please try clearing application preferences then launch Animate and see if that helps?

Win: C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2017

Mac: /Users/<userName>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/2017

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mohan,

Have tried it and is not working, it has happened to me on different computers and with different workspaces. I think is a bug and Adobe should try to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. Could you please help us with the following to repro this issue?

1. Have you installed Animate CC 2017 with default settings? i.e., with Import previous settings and preferences

as mentioned at Update apps to Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 ?

2. What version of Animate CC you had prior to CC 2017?

3. Can you please share the Preferences folder for us to look into? you can copy the 2017 folder mentioned in my previous post and share it via any file sharing utility like drop box.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines