• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbol animation appear on timeline

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a symbol of a paw moving on a kangaroo and accidentally clicked "movie symbol" when i turned the paw into a symbol and found when I came out of the symbol after animating within it that it don't play on the time line. So I found that to see the animation in the main timeline it needs to be a graphic symbol. So I converted it to a graphic symbol and still no movement on the main time line.
The movement is on the same frame as the main timeline, so I have no idea what to do from here.

Someone said in an older thread that I need to do something with a "propery inspector" but I am unaware of what this is and how to use it.
I'm relatively new to Adobe animate so I'm very confused

I'm a simple woman so I only understand simple instructions. Thank you for reading!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

if the paw starts to animate at frame 83 on its timeline and you add the paw to frame 83 on the main timeline, you would need to add 83 frames AFTER frame 83 of the main timeline to see the start of your paw animation.

so yes, remove the first 83 empty frames on the paw timeline and retest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your paw uses 10 frames to display its animation (on the paw) timeline and you put your paw on the last frame of the main timeline, you won't see the paw animation.  there needs to be 9 (non key) frames after the main timeline key-frame where your paw was added in order to see the full 10 frame graphic when viewing the main timeline.

(the ss below are of the main timeline.)

ie, this won't display any graphic animation because there are not enough frames on the main timeline:

Screenshot - 11_12_2016 , 7_02_09 AM.png

this will display the graphic animation when scrolling/playing the main timeline:

Screenshot - 11_12_2016 , 7_03_59 AM.png

ie, notice there are no keyframes on the layer that contains the graphic instance and that pentagon has changed from red to green displaying the animation that's on the graphic's timeline while on the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm
The animation starts at frame 83 on the main time line.
Within the paw's timeline i set it to move at frame 83 as well, so should I have animated it within the paw's timeline at frame 1? Because it doesn't move at all after the animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the paw starts to animate at frame 83 on its timeline and you add the paw to frame 83 on the main timeline, you would need to add 83 frames AFTER frame 83 of the main timeline to see the start of your paw animation.

so yes, remove the first 83 empty frames on the paw timeline and retest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the properties panel, change the behavior from "movie clip" to "graphic".

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 5.15.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I did that. I have made another symbol and animated within it, and its fine, its just the paw for some reason... Maybe I messed with it too much :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines