Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Camera raw Issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear friends,

I have a problem with Camera Raw and Lightroom. When I´m moving sliders the photo or the histogram does strange things. It´s hard to explain, so see the image please. It doesn´t happen every time i move the slider, but it´s getting worse. I have to to zoom to photo to refres it, then normalize itself. It´s quite hard to work with such an issue, it´s very frustrating when ti repeats and a still have to  zoom to refresh the photo. It´s time consuming. I reinstalled the aplication, reinstalled the graphic card driver (nVidia 555m), didn´t solved the problem. Any ideas please? Thank you

Roman

Bez názvu.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

The GPU speeds up certain things in Develop, but the effect is not significant unless you have a 4 or 5k monitor.

Most users won't notice much difference, and for some users LR will be slower with the GPU enabled.

So there is no need to be concerned about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the GPU.

In Lightroom, go to Edit > Preferences > Performance, and uncheck Use graphics processor.

In Photoshop, go to Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw, and do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look like it helped. What does it mean ? Is there anything wrong with my GPU? And will it affect performance of the aplication? Can you explain me please where is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not my case, but thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roman510 wrote:

Not my case, but thank you.

Then if you don't have a NVidia graphic card then is it just having the GPU option checked in the LR Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have nVidia GPU but my previes are ok, not having problem described in theme by dj_paige. The solution by Per Berntsen helped. Just don´t understand why does it happend, or if it will have some impact on CR or LR. And thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU speeds up certain things in Develop, but the effect is not significant unless you have a 4 or 5k monitor.

Most users won't notice much difference, and for some users LR will be slower with the GPU enabled.

So there is no need to be concerned about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this answer is what i was looking for. You helped me a lot. Thank you very much for your time and your help. Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean the Library module Previews when you said previes?

The Library module previews are from the Previews folder that LR creates. What is displayed in the develop module is from the actual image file and that is where the GPU comes into play. You should roll back the driver for the Nvidia card to the one stated in that article and then you should be able to have the GPU option turned on. That is IF your Nvidia card is supported in that older driver. I would guess some of the most newest cards aren't supported with the older driver. But I don't know that for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines