• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 and Nikon D5

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Abo with all Software updated (LR 5.7.1.). Nevertheless I cannot open my pictures from Nikon D5 in LR as the RAW format seems not to be supported (in contradiction to the Adobe list with supported cameras). Can anybody help urgently as I am professional photographer and work on my clients pix. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

According to the Adobe list of supported cameras - Cameras supported by Camera Raw - the D5 requires Ligthroom 6.5.

You can either upgrade to LR 6 ($79), subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan wich includes Lightroom and Photoshop ($10 a month), or use the free DNG converter to convert the NEF files to DNG files that can be read by LR 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Adobe list of supported cameras - Cameras supported by Camera Raw - the D5 requires Ligthroom 6.5.

You can either upgrade to LR 6 ($79), subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan wich includes Lightroom and Photoshop ($10 a month), or use the free DNG converter to convert the NEF files to DNG files that can be read by LR 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your quick answer. I have the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. So the solution might be to contact Adobe because the updates might not have been transmitted. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Lightroom CC should be available for download in the CC desktop app.

Please note that LR CC requires a computer with a 64-bit operating system.

If you have a 32-bit operating system, you will not be able to install LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kathring62947798 wrote:

thanks for your quick answer. I have the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. So the solution might be to contact Adobe because the updates might not have been transmitted. Thanks anyway!

If you have an active subscription to the CC Photography plan and you are only still running 5.7.1 then you are using a 32 bit operating system. The newer 2015 version of LR needs to have a 64 bit OS. Your only option is to upgrade your operating system to a 64 bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines