• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a CLEAN uninstall of Digital Editions

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem does not go away after I uninstall (Revo Uninstaller that searches out leftovers) Digital Editions. After I re-install Digital Editions I get the same problem:

* I can open Digital Edition (ADE)

* Shows the normal title bar

* I can select an known readable ePub file (can read on ADE on four other computers) but nothing happens.

I've tried regressing to an earlier version, but i have the same issue. Something is not being removed and it's preventing ADE from working properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

People from Adobe keep telling to search the answer on forums.........

Have you found an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the real issue is that Adobe doesn't provide any kind of product support/help for ADE because it is free.  Yes, we may be able to find an answer to our problem with ADE in the forums, & it may work, for a while.  Then we are back to the same problem and trying to find another fix to get ADE to work properly again. 

I have found that I am having a lot of issues since upgrading to Windows 10.

What has worked for me this last time is from the ADE download page, don't download the latest version, scroll down & you will see that you can download ADE version 3.0.  It seems to be working for me. 

It would appear that Adobe is aware of the large number of problems that people are having with the up to date versions of ADE & the fix is to go back to a version from 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines