• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which monitor will better cooperate with After Effects?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I decided to buy a new monitor for my pc but I can't decide which one will better cooperate with After Effects.

Currently I'm using Samsung S22C300H 21,5 inch but all windows/panels are too small and navigation between them is very problematic and slowdown my work.

Don't know which monitor will be better to choose.

-  27 inch with resolution 1920x1080p (for example: ASUS VC279H or Samsung S27F350)

or should I choose:

- 25 inch  UltraWide FHD IPS with resolution  2560 x 1080p - (eg LG 25UM58-P)

Which one do you recommend? Unfortunately I don't know much about monitors, there features [Frequency/Image Brightness/Image Contrast Ratio etc].

I'm also planning to use "monitor arm" later so I will need monitor with VESA mount. [+ HDMI port of course].

Thx for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

That's a tough choice. Probably the ultrawide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use two ultra wide LG monitors at my full-time job. I like them a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what do you think, one ultra wide would be enough to work on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on whether or not you like to be cramped when you work.  Personally, I INSIST on having two monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two ultra-wide monitors at work. Four full HD monitors at the freelance studio. So, no I don't think one is enough.

That being said, one ultra-wide is better than one regular one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had to work just on one monitor which one would you choose? I can't afford to buy now two monitors. 😕

- 27 inch with resolution 1920x1080p

or

- 25 inch  UltraWide with resolution  2560x1080p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a tough choice. Probably the ultrawide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to work with just one.  You can a buy a new one and keep using your old one also.  I used to work with a 22 inch and an older 17 inch until I bought a 27 inch ips and now I use that with the 22 inch and a 22inch pen display as well. and the 17 is collecting dust in the closet.  Soon I wiil get second 27 inch or maybe a 32 inch.  You don't have to have identical monitors to use two or three or four.  If you have a working monitor use it as a second.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking for a new best budget monitor in bd and also you are in confusion about which monitor would be great for you. If I suggest you, I would say you can go for the Asus brand. It has lots of models and the features are also very unique. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is he's already decided which monitor to buy.  

This thread is from 2016.   🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Love that Andrew LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines