Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to set time to masks?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am newbie on the after effects programm. I want to make a teddy bear that walks on air by itself (i am behind him and holding him) . Just want to remove me and make only the bear on the video. I tried to doublicate the layer then freeze a frame before me entering the scene (camera is not moving) then with pen tool i cut myself but i cant find how to make the mask to stay for 1 sec , then cut the next second then the next e.t.c. Is there a possible to do it or am i trying with wrong way?
Thanks a lot !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The technique is called rotoscoping.

Type "roto" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and check the community resources.

Check our this short video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! Since you wrote the comment i am editing the angles like the video show. What have i to do now ? I am done with cutting ....

I am looking forward for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you have the mask working the way you want it to you use that mask as a track matte to either isolate What do you have masked or separate what you have my masked from the background.

If you don't know what track mattes are or how to set them up then type "track matte" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and study up.

I don't know anyone that has successfully done anything with AE without spending some time studying. If a nonlinear editor like Premiere Pro  was a car, AE would be an F-18. A couple of five minute lessons from your mom might get you out of the parking lot in a car but it's going to take a whole lot more to learn how to fly an F-18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines