• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for creating texture patterns

Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know is it possible to create a Photoshop script that can create texture pattern according to a mathematical formula?

If it is possible, please provide me with materials where to start to learn creating such scripts with examples if possible.

Take this website as a reference to get my point:

Textures.js

Thanks,

Jen

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Here's using the Deco Fill script, which has sliders to adjust some of the pattern placement:

Make a patter:

Under the Edit menu, select "Fill" and use Pattern for contents, and click on the Script box. Then Select the type of fill you want from the drop down list.

Click Okay, and the next dialog box will appear, where you can adjust the pattern's placement:

When you're happy with the placement, click OK:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old Photoshop versions has PixelBender. But it's no logner supported.

You can write you own filter plugin in C++ find Photoshop SDK. There are examples. You can use Visual Studio. But this is more hard than script. But it can be really fast and it is real filter which you can apply on Smart Objects. It looks like this: https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13923292_1302261026470379_7817625681848121845_o.jpg

Or you can use HTML panel where is running chrome and use Canvas and already writen javascript libraries. It's maybe a bit dirty solution but it should be more easy. Depends what you want achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can create textures or patterns with extendscript. you just need to figure out what you want to do - what type of pattern. A good starting point is the Deco fill scripts. you can create your own custom patterns then change the parameters using the UI in the script. I went a bit further with this script and modified it so that I could apply the color of the base image to the pattern and have it also affect the rotation of the pattern:

You can also create other scripts. The main thing is just to have a loop that repeats some pattern. For example, I just made a script that makes a dot, but varied the color of that dot and moved placed it differently with a mathematical formula.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a script example please, so I can analyze it and try to build one myself according to the provided example?

Also, is it possible to implement a certain filter value in a script and control it with a html slider?

Thanks,

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's using the Deco Fill script, which has sliders to adjust some of the pattern placement:

Make a patter:

Under the Edit menu, select "Fill" and use Pattern for contents, and click on the Script box. Then Select the type of fill you want from the drop down list.

Click Okay, and the next dialog box will appear, where you can adjust the pattern's placement:

When you're happy with the placement, click OK:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a well solution as I expect, but will be enough to experiment with.

Thank you,

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck UebeleCan you share your script with us? I found it very interesting and very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which script? My last post shows the Deco Script feature that is in Photoshop. Some of my previous examples were just scripts that I wrote for myself to play around with images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About that! I confess that I do not know this feature in Photoshop ... I imagined that it was a script of yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is a feature in Photoshop that everyone has. I was introduced in CS6, and in PS CC an improved UI was created. I did have a little hand in helping with that, as I created a UI for the one in CS6, but it didn't have a preview. The engineer who created the deco scripts, like part of my UI and used it for Photoshop's:

My original script still works:

Scripted Fill UI - Photoshop CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Congratulations on the script, thanks for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines