• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuttering playback in Premiere Pro (after CC2014)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a workstation - Dell with xeons, twin quadros, blah, blah, loads of memory, fast disks, windows 10 x64 - using mp4 or MTS from Sony RX 10 ii or A7Rii, I get stuttering playback when using any Premiere Pro version beyond 2014 (stuttering audio also). This stuttering happens regardless of cuda or software only renderer...it is the Premiere Pro versions beyond 2014 that is at fault!   Adobe - please fix this! I am paying for this software - I want and need it to work!

To describe the stuttering more precisely - when a seq is set to play in proj or source window, the cursor appears to step forward then step back, forward again, etc. However, the seq will render ok!

Nevertheless, it is impossible to work through an edit when the gui is reacting as I describe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send us much more information about your computer as most regular uses do not see what you are experiencing.  Have you tuned that Dell to rid it of CPU stealing cycles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - what do you need to know?

Also: why is there no problem with 2014 CC and yet updated versions exhibit the stuttering playback; how does one tune CPU/dev mngt.PNGdisk mngt.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i remember some people having this problem with their sound devices (like an added internal/external audio device/sound card) or display i/o device like from blackmagic or aja etc. i don't remember the fix, maybe updated drivers/software would help. do you have any of those kinds of devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h.264 acceleration turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...no such devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I looked at sound, or more specifically 'Audio Hardware' in preferences and changed default input to 'none' and bingo, the stuttering has stopped! Whereas prior to this the default input was 'Microphone (High def audio device).

It works but I don't understand - some conflict I assume.

Thanks for all the input - hope this will help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your problem is also caused by your hard disk configuration.  You have everything on one hard disk drive an it is partitioned.  That is a lousy configuration.  Also get modern and start using SSD drives.  Clone your OS/Application  partition over to a good SATA III drive.  I would then add a second SSD for your projects and the immediately used media.  Use your two 4 TB  drives for backup and archiving.  Your big Data partition is almost full and that means your last files you put out there are on the slowest part of the disk

Here is the read rate performance of a disk drive, see what happens as you fill up the disk drive as you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines