• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanently Deleting photos that were removed

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in the Develop tab I have been selecting "remove" instead of "delete from disk" when there is a photo I don't want to use. I know that "remove" only takes the photo out of the film strip but now I would like to permanently delete many photos I originally removed. How do I find those. Are they all just mixed in with the photos I edited or do they go to a specific location?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

They remain exactly where they originally resided in your Operating System structure. They have just been removed from the Lightroom Catalog. If you wish to delete them from your system folder structure then you need to do that from within your Operating System.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They remain exactly where they originally resided in your Operating System structure. They have just been removed from the Lightroom Catalog. If you wish to delete them from your system folder structure then you need to do that from within your Operating System.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remember that your images are not "in" Lightroom. Your images are imported into folders on your hard drive and are added to the catalog. The catalog is a database that keeps track of the images that you choose to keep track of as well as the adjustments you make those images. When you choose to "remove" an image, that just removes it from the catalog. The catalog stops keeping track of that image. But the image is still in the folder along with all of the other images that were imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines