• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 crashes on opening

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the update for Photoshop CC 2017.  Using Bridge to process the Raw file, Photoshop then opens and when the Photoshop screen appears, the notation "Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 has stopped working. Program then closes.  Uninstalled Photoshop and then re-installed, but same problem arose.

I tracked down an XML file from the update buy do not know how to add that to this discussion,

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Please refer the article below to solve this issue Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

You may also simply rename the file LavasoftTcpService64.dll to Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll located :-C:\Windows\system32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll and that should fix the problem.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, I wouldn't bother resetting your preferences, didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted chat and they took control of my computer and removed a malware file that was preventing ps17 from opening

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Photoshop CC2017 opens full screen then stops working with the following screen:

I have updated windows 10 and graphic card driver to no avail.  Uninstalled and reinstalled CC2017 still happens even if I run as administrator.  Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just might add - I checked the PSErrorLog.txt and found the following:

2016:11:03 13:57:36  :  <NULL>  :  0  :  REQUIRE  failed

Note:  the 0 above has a slash thru it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Do you guys need any troubleshooting data (hardware specs, driver versions, logs etc.) from us experiencing this problem? I would certainly help out if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I here I clicked the link and this took me back to this page. Again am I here???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check entry #59 in this thread for a solution.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Did you find the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my problem seems to be driver conflict, no.  My solution has been to install Photoshop CC 2015, which has no problems. I have no idea if Adobe is planning on fixing this, but hopefully at some point. For now I had work that needed to get done and didn't want to waste any more time on it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same prob...PS CC has not loaded since PS 2015.1.2

Have done all the knee jerk "solutions"...nothing works

Will have to cancel subscription if no remedy..

This sucks...!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished with online chat support.  The guy took over my computer and had it fixed in a few minutes.  This is what he said he did:

one of the windows 10 dll file caused crash so renaming that dll file repaired it. 

If you can't get it to work, I would suggest contacting online chat support.   They really helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , my name is Anny and I would like to know who the person was that helped you? I,m to download PS cc 17 after accidentally deleting PS CC 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally had resolution of the problem by doing a chat support session with Adobe. There may be multiple problems with PS CC 17 installation, but mine was caused by a conflict with a LavaSoft browser add-on. After I was finally purge the LavaSoft code from my system, PS CC 17 has been working fine. There was an interim fix in which I renamed the Photoshop “Spaces” folder to “~Spaces”. This caused the conflict to be circumvented but I can’t say what the impact on Photoshop was. When there’s an update to Photoshop and new copy of the “Spaces” folder may be installed, so you may have to go back and rename each time. I never encountered anything that didn’t work, but my use of Photoshop is just to work on photo enhancements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I'm about to find out for myself what happens when I use it.  Antje Renn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what was the name of dll please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I installed Photoshop 2017 and it does not work.  Adobe needs to quit release beta products or else we need to file a class action suit.  Every time something new gets released lately it is the same problem-absolutely nothing works.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the fix to this issue!  Glad to hear it's not just me and therefore wasting time troubleshooting it on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davids,

Please post the crash report here so that we can help you getting this issue fixed.

Refer Photoshop Elements Editor Help | How to Find Crash Logs on Windows

Also refer Photoshop CC 2015 crashes on launch or exit | Windows

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn on PS 2017, it comes up and I get the interface.

The Win10 cursor remains, and I can't do anything in photoshop.

Win10 and graphics card are up to date.

I have to go to the task manager to turn photoshop off.

I tried moving the sniffer.exe file (onto my desktop) as mentioned in the PS 2015 link you gave, but this had no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coxxon,

Please reset your preferences and check for GPU updates as well.

Refer Solve Adobe Photoshop problems and issues by keeping it up-to-date

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines