• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Head with Sliders works until keyframed: Anyone know why?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a head puppet that can look left and right with a slider, and also up and down and there is a blink slider and one for visemes. I used time remapping so the slider can switch between shapes. They all work great! I'm so proud of myself!

Until I add a keyframe and then the whole thing breaks. What good is it unless I can add keyframes?

Is my approach wrong or is what I want impossible?

Feel free to download and play with my puppet head!

Thanks for any help!

robothead1.pngrobothead2.pngrobothead3.png

Id upload the file here if i could. ask and Ill provide it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anything about what your expression sliders actually link to, nobody can tell you much. Presumably your expressions are simply too dumb/ simplistic because you're not properly combining the different slider outputs, which then inevitably causes a logic conflict in your time-remapping.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a dumb logic conflict. Thank you for your interest and attention. for more information, see these screenshots:

for example i have this comp made of four photographs of my head with various eye positions. each image is one frame, so i can time remap it to a slider one composition above.

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.22.35.png

here i use ae to mask the eyes so they can overlay on the rest of the head.

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.23.01.png

as we climb up the composition nesting hierarchy, here is the three 3d positions for the eyes horizontal. they will match the head tilts and act as a little movie clip with slider control to adjust the look/blink separately than the head tilt/turn.

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.23.21.png

above that, for up and down, vertical

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.23.44.png

above that another comp combining other comps

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.24.02.png

slider control slider

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.24.21.png

nested

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.24.29.png

nearly complete puppet control

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.25.27.png

and a goofy effect so you can tell you are at the top. this one comp has the sliders for all the controls below it. It all works, left, up, blink, down, right...whatever- it doesnt break until you add a keyframe.

Screenshot 2016-11-13 11.25.40.png

do these screenshots help clarify my insane reasoning any? Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider using Dropbox or a similar service to share your project file for people to poke at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have dropbox, i hadnt thought of that. I can share the two files. or maybe creative cloud makes that easy with the cc synced folder?

ok heres dropbox folder with an aep and a psd.

something to know, if the head is in position left or right in the extreme-most position like profile or side then the eyes/mouth arent there, they are only there for the more front facing angles.

Dropbox - shared adobe

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines