• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing Mini DV tape into Premier Element 11

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premier Element 11 to import and edit my Mini DV tapes since Adobe in their wisdom removed this feature from PE-14 which I have.

The program has been running fine on Windows 10 until yesterday when Windows 10 updated itself.

I play the tapes in a Sony DHR-1000 deck but now when I try to access DV camera the program crashes and the following error message is displayed
" Adobe Premier Element 11 has stopped working. A problem caused the Program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program"

I am now left with 7 years of memory on Mini DV tapes to edit.

The computer is home built and has been working fine and all drivers are up to date therefor I won't bore you with specs.

Any help, advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Mike 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an nVidia or GeForce graphics card?

As you can see on our forum, the latest drivers are breaking programs, including Premiere Elements, left and right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Display Adaptor is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 but I don't remember updating its driver recently.

By the way the Motherboard is Gigabyte X99 USD5 WIFI, the processor is Intel Core i7-5820K and RAM memory is 32GB.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until nVidia fixes it, it might be best to roll back to driver 368.2.2

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the suggested driver but it won't install stating that it is not compatible with the Application.

I even tried the driver that came with GeForce 970 Adaptor Disc and it won't install either.

My work around has been to capture the DV tapes in another application which has no problem with Windows 10 nor with NVIDIA driver

and using the clips in PE 11 for editing. I personally think that the problem lies with all the players in this Game!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:

I uninstalled PE 11 and installed it on another older computer with totally different hardware. The only thing common between the two computer is The Great Ultimate Windows 10 and I have the same problem.

I will attempt to go back to Windows 7.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines