• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID 2017 crashes before opening

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently ID updated itself to 2017. Today I tried for the first time to start it - no way. It crashes at opening in various stages. In one single instance I got to the list of recently opened files, but then it crashed again (small box "InDesign is not working anymore" with just an OK button). In most instances it crashes when there's still the logo box. I already deinstalled and reinstalled InDesign and restarted the PC multiple times - nothing changed. Any ideas?

Win10, i7, 16 GB, 4k-Monitor, Creative Cloud Client shows "recent version".

I'm working in a German environment, so I literally translated the error messages, may be a little different in English.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

ok, I have the solution. My virus scanner "GDATA ANTIVIRUS" (quite popular here in Germany) is the reason. The moment I deactivate the virus scanner, I can start Indesign and open a document. When I re-activate the virus scanner, it crashes while starting again.

Tried one more thing, and that is a good workaround: The virus scanner can be re-activated after ID fired up, it does not interfere with "just working". So ID seems to do something at startup that the virus scanner prevents?

Just for the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have happened with a number of updates to CC2017.

Barbbinder published this:

"...if this is impeding your work, you can reinstall 2015 until it gets straightened out. For details, see "Installing an Older Version with the CC Desktop App" in this article": Adobe Creative Cloud: It’s Not Working After the Upgrade - Rocky Mountain Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - while Derek was answering, I had this idea myself and re-installed 2015 in parallel. Unfortunately, now I see the same error message.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing your InDesign preferences:

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow)

You may have to do it a couple of times before you get the hang of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, got the "do you want to delete your preferences?" dialog first time, but to no avail - InDesign still crashes immediately afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I have the solution. My virus scanner "GDATA ANTIVIRUS" (quite popular here in Germany) is the reason. The moment I deactivate the virus scanner, I can start Indesign and open a document. When I re-activate the virus scanner, it crashes while starting again.

Tried one more thing, and that is a good workaround: The virus scanner can be re-activated after ID fired up, it does not interfere with "just working". So ID seems to do something at startup that the virus scanner prevents?

Just for the record: PS, LR, and all the other ones I use work fine with activated virus scanner.

I'll report to the virus scanner guys - anyway, it's strange.

Thanks to Derek for the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo zusammen, ich habe das gleiche Problem. ID stürzt ab, wenn es sich lädt. ID CC 2017, Windows 10, G-Data 2017.

Habe nun G-Data Wächter ausgeschaltet und ID lädt sich.

Danke für den Hinweis. Vielen Dank.

Leider bekommt man von Adobe´s Hotline keine Auskünfte. Hier wird nur auf das Forum verwiesen. Schwach, meiner Meinung nach.

Wer hat denn das ID programmiert? Wir doch nicht. Ich kann doch erwarten, dass das Programm stabil und sicher auf allen Arbeitsumgebungen läuft. Und eine Antiviren software ist doch wohl eine Standardumgebung. ebenso Netzwerke usw.

Was habe ich alles vorher ausprobiert... Neuinstallationen, Prev gelöscht (Toll, dann kann ich jedesmal meine Voreinstellungen neu machen) Dateien komplett neu angelegt, diverse Sicherungskopien und idml. exportiert usw.

Hat alles nix gebracht. Nur wertvolle Stunden verloren. Und von Adobe kommt nix,. nix nix. Arbeit seit ID 1.0 mit dem Programm und habe es langsam satt. Immer wieder Probleme mit der Geschwindigkeit, Abwärtskompatibilität und nun dieses. Geht gar nicht. Suche nun aktiv nach Alternativen zu ID. Alleine wegen der dauernden Crashes und null Reaktion von denen.

Beste Grüße aus Hannover , Germany

-sorry for my english... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines