Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC trial - photo's tiling in the develop module

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So I'm 21 days into my CC trial and recently (within the last week) whenever I try to do anything in the develop module the photo "tiles".  By tiling I mean that it looks like I get a square of a zoomed in part of the image tiled over all or part of the image display within lightroom.  Once I actually select something to crop it flickers and displays the image properly.

Disabling the GPU fixes the issue, at the cost of speed and given that I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade from 5.7 and one of the big attractions is the GPU acceleration that doesn't bode well for my decision.  Any thoughts on how to get graphics acceleration working would be great!

System is Windows 10x64 - Fresh install a month ago.  I7-6700k with 16gb ram.  EVGA GTX1070 graphics card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

chrisd11727577 wrote:

I do have the most up to date drivers. That was the first thing I checked.

I did notice a difference on my 1440p monitor when using the develop module having the acceleration makes things "snappier"

Actually it is the most, or the near most, NVidia drive that is causing it.

Image previews and thumbnails look tiled or broken on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the GPU option in the LR preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

As mentioned, I've already discovered that this fixes the issue.  However given that GPU acceleration is a big selling point of the software, I'd like to know why I can't use it and how to be able to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have installed the most updated driver for your graphics card. Unless you've got one of those new super high resolution monitors, GPU acceleration isn't going to make much difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the most up to date drivers.  That was the first thing I checked.

I did notice a difference on my 1440p monitor when using the develop module having the acceleration makes things "snappier"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisd11727577 wrote:

I do have the most up to date drivers. That was the first thing I checked.

Actually it is the most, or the near most, NVidia drive that is causing it.

Image previews and thumbnails look tiled or broken on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, thanks.  Apparently the absolute latest version doesn't fix it either.

I hate rolling back so I guess I'll just keep an eye on things and hope a future update fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines