• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom reading Sony ARW files from Sony RX100-V

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Lightroom CC 2015.7 with Camera Raw 9.7 (this is the latest update from Creative Cloud).

This version of Lightroom is unable to read the Sony ARW (the RAW files)

Can somebody from Adobe or anyone else please advise what, if any, I might be doing wrong. Alternatively, would appreciate your advise on what a work-around might be.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

The camera raw plug-in is not for Lightroom. Lightroom has all of that technology built into the program. You need to make sure you have  updated to Lightroom 6.9 or Lightroom CC 2015.9. You can download the installer for the update from here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet supported, it is too new and you will have to wait for at least the next update.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe issues an update, you'll have to use the Sony software to open the Raw files then save them as a TIFF so they can be opened. Keep the Raw files safe so you can work on them later when Lightroom supports them.

Mac: Image Data Converter

Win: Image Data Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem seems to be more serious with me.  For the last week Camera Raw 9.7 won't read ANY Sony ARW (RAW) files, from any of my cameras (AR7M2, A6300, RX100M4, and RX100M5) on either of my Mac computers.  (May be a Sierra 10.12.1 and LR/CameraRaw compatibility issue).   I've uninstalled and reinstalled LR CC 2015.7 (latest version) and reformatted all my SD cards.  Apple Photos, meanwhile, has no trouble with ARW RAW files from the same cards and same cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just check what is supported here: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

I know for a fact the RX100M5 isn't supported as it is too new.

Note that Camera RAW doesn't install to Lightroom, Lightroom has its own version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a subscription for lightroom cc because I want to process my ARW-files from RX100M5. Does not import the files;, and the few weeks from the previous post seem to me to be over long time by now. How can I do this?Explore

Camera raw version 9.0 is downloaded, no option to use a newer one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera raw plug-in is not for Lightroom. Lightroom has all of that technology built into the program. You need to make sure you have  updated to Lightroom 6.9 or Lightroom CC 2015.9. You can download the installer for the update from here:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it's working now, after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Lightroom CC and it still won't read ARW files. Any advice??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info

What does the first line say

ARW files from which Sony camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines