• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-browser changes import into muse project

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import a muse created website residing at my service provider, back into a muse project in my development area after the content has been changed by the client.  If the client has already made substantial changes to the content in the website, such as images, pricing or whatever in a property website, or a blog, and the client want to make some structural changes to the website, such as adding a new panel or widget or page and change the menu, how do I get it all back in the muse project in my development area without losing the changes.

I cannot find anything about this on the net.  Tx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

But why don't you try it for yourself? As a "system developer" this should be an easy piece of work for you!

You can use Businesscatalyst to publish a temporary test site ("Publish" button top right of the application window). Just activate IBE in your site properties, publish your site and use the new "Share" button at the top of your workspace.

For further information look here: Bearbeiten von Inhalten einer Adobe Muse-Site über einen Browser

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just pen your Muse file again, and it will show you all the edits. You may accept or discard them.

Be aware, that for the moment you only can edit text, create or discard links and replace images by using IBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the word "pen" means Open. As a systems developer for many years, I need somehow to understand how by opening the muse project on my laptop will the muse content be updated on my laptop.  Please explain the mechanism to me. I have not tried it yet - I am brand new to Muse, albeit well versed in Joomla, HTML and CSS; it is quite a mental battle to move from a CMS system to a no-code-knowledge-required website development.

Apart from the "synchronizing" mechanism, if I need to make manual changes to the exported website HTML pages for schema-dot-org micro data, will the in-code changes be synchronized too, or will I lose the ability to open the muse project with any IBE changes made.  Please explain a bit more on after-upload manual code changes on the exported (published) HTML code (not CSS here) pages. I know of the widget for SEO, but still if I want to do my own thing, what is the rule.

Your last sentence makes sense to me, I do not want the user to dabble in structure changes.  BTW, is there a User Credentials Settings feature on the horizon?

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why don't you try it for yourself? As a "system developer" this should be an easy piece of work for you!

You can use Businesscatalyst to publish a temporary test site ("Publish" button top right of the application window). Just activate IBE in your site properties, publish your site and use the new "Share" button at the top of your workspace.

For further information look here: Bearbeiten von Inhalten einer Adobe Muse-Site über einen Browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks mac-heibu for the info and thanks for Google Translate.  I have done the exercise before reading "Bearbitten..." and herewith my conclusion.

The IBE is very limited and cannot do any style editing, I cannot change font sizes for a start.

• Although you can see the changes immediately in the browser, if you for instance had a one-liner and add more lines, any formatting below might become jangled when synced with the Muse IDE. If you do NOT correct these issues in the Muse IDE, the "re-Published" content will be uploaded to the browser and will show the errors in the browser.
  • I also made direct changes to the HTML file (<p> to <h1>) and it does not sync to the Muse IDE- understandable.
  • I have removed an IBE created id in the HTML code, and the formatting disappears - understandable.

The IBE creates and ID in the edited content and this is probably stored somewhere as a mechanism to sync the IBE code with the Muse IDE.

My final verdict will be.  Muse has it's place in the market for quick and dirty web designs (not development) which you can sell at a lesser price as for a CMS such as WordPress or Joomla. I feel it is young and needs to go a long way to mature in terms of IBE (which is a great concept), unless it is Adobe's intent to keep it like this.  I definitely will use Muse for the quick websites/One Pager creations, but stick to the more difficult Joomla for CMS and WordPress for Hobbyists if I want my users to edit content.  My two cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines