• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.7 freezes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working like a charm for months, since this week LR freezes after starting and opening a menu item. I did not change my setup. There was however a W10 update this week. I checked W10 is still up to date, drivers for Nvidia GeForce GTX 550Ti are up to date. I have started LR with a clean catalogue (Alt-Shift). I have reinstalled LR. I updated it 6.7. So I am clueless on how to resolve this sudden issue.

I would very much appreciate your help.

In particular since, to my surprise the Adobe's website notifies me that Adobe does not to provide telephone support for my (licensed) version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the GPU might fix the problem, but since LR freezes when you click on the menu, you will have to do it outside LR.

Close Lightroom. With Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences

Open the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs in a text editor, like Notepad.

Close to the end of the file there is a line that says useAutoBahn = true, - change this to useAutoBahn = false,

Save and close the file. Now try to start Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences and then do a complete reboot (ie power off to the cimputer and back on). Windows 10 has a 'fast start' that causes problems after an update to the OS and this proceedure seems to sort that out.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'm sure others will come in with alternative suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your kind replies, I tried both unfortunately neither of the two did resolve my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I rolled back the nVidia drivers as suggested, which did not resolve the issue. Not surprisingly since the later drivers did not interfere the proper working of LR until earlier last week.

Would anybody  have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rolled back last week's W10 Update, that did not resolve the issue either.

So here I am, stuck with a piece of software that all of sudden does no longer work, no telephone support being available, or other ways that helped me solve this problem.

I guess it's time to start looking for a viable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines