• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHP Form not working

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't  get the contact form working on third party server. Works OK uploaded to business catalyst.

The PHP check ( http://my-site.com/scripts/form_check.php

gives all green checkmarks.

I've contacted my hosting company (cloud next) and they have asked if:-

Hi Peter,

Can you confirm that in the configuration of the script you have configured an SMTP server as well as a valid to/from email address as configured on this account?

Kind regards

Cloud Next

Unquote

As I'm not a PHP developer i'm not sure.

Please advise, If I can't get forms to work I'll be terminating my Adobe Muse subscription.

regards

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Muse form works through PHP MAIL, not SMTP. Some hosting providers do not support php mail. Apparently your hosting provider is one of these. To customize your form via SMTP, you must be php coder. And even if you are able to do this through code, it will be still some disadvantages - you have every time separately from the muse place handler php file on the server. A much easier way - just change the hosting provider. It's poor tone if the hosting provider does not support php mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse form works through PHP MAIL, not SMTP. Some hosting providers do not support php mail. Apparently your hosting provider is one of these. To customize your form via SMTP, you must be php coder. And even if you are able to do this through code, it will be still some disadvantages - you have every time separately from the muse place handler php file on the server. A much easier way - just change the hosting provider. It's poor tone if the hosting provider does not support php mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I've contacted the hosting provider again, their repose was:-

Hi Peter,

PHP Mail is supported, but for us to be able to see what is going on (checking the mail logs etc to see what is happening with the email on your form) it does need to be routed through an SMTP server.

Kind regards

Cloud Next

unquote

I responded

Ok, so I suppose Adobe muse forms are not going to work on Cloud Next servers without addition scripting?

they responded

Hi Peter,

We do always recommend configuring an SMTP server with a valid to/from mailbox as configured on the hosting when using forms on our platform.

Kind regards

Cloud Next

unquote

Not sure where that leaves me, between a rock and a hard place I suppose. I have 5 website with Cloud Next (designed in Freeway Pro with working contact forms). Muse for some reason does not seem the work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what the script form_check.php actually does? My hosting company is querying the code below.

Hi Peter,

Looking through those scripts and I don't think it's setup right, looking at the script form_check.php there is this line of code:

$sent = mail("recipient@example.com", "Hi", "test message", "From: sender@example.com");

obviously those details appear to be incorrect.

Kind regards

unquote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change your hoting provider. In normal hosting it works by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines