• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Own Lr 6.7. Need to license a recently purchased CC one-year Photography Plan

Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a one-year ACC photography plan and need to enter my serial  number. My ACC app shows that I now  have a trial version of Photoshop CC installed but still have Lightroom 6,7 installed. How do I go about converting Lr 6.7 to the latest version of LrCC and licensing it and PSCC? To be clear I bought the license from B&H.

I have searched the help files and discussion topics to no avail. Perhaps I have been using the wrong terminology.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Okay, I stumbled across the answer; While signed in to adobe.com I had to go to http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=redemption and enter the serial number to do it.. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of Lightroom 6.7. Then launch the CC app and sign in with the user ID that you used to purchase CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not buy the plan from Adobe. I do have an ID but it is the old ID I had with Lr 6.7 and with the ACC trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I stumbled across the answer; While signed in to adobe.com I had to go to http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=redemption and enter the serial number to do it.. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used a serial number to "activate" Lightroom CC then you must be using Lightroom 6. You cannot activate the creative cloud version  with a serial number. Do you actually have the dehaze filter available now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have two licenses for Lightroom 6.x. The dehaze filter shows up in the "Effects" panel and works

When I finally found the answer in ACC Help, the "serial number" on the card was to allow me to  "redeem" an ACC Photography Plan subscription. This was the first time I had seen "redemption" used to describe it. That was the cause for my confusion. The answers pointed me in the right direction. Thanks all for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kwdaves wrote:

Yes, I have two licenses for Lightroom 6.x. The dehaze filter shows up in the "Effects" panel and works

Don't you mean that dehaze shows up in the license that is the Lightroom CC 2015 license? There is no dehaze for licenses that are any version of Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes after entering the "redemption code" I now have Lightroom CC 2015 under my user ID. Previously I had two Lightroom 6 licenses- one an upgrade license from my original license and one a full license.

The card is actually folded over and glued together. Inside there are instructions to start the membership. It includes a link to www.creativecloud.com/redeem where the redemption code is to be entered.

My apologies. I  did not think to tear the glued together card and check  the back of the card for the instructions. Again thanks for taking the time to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't use your serial number with the creative cloud. Creative cloud activations are tied to your Adobe user name and password. You will have to go to your account settings and create a new username and password that is associated with the creative cloud subscription. Then sign into your creative cloud manager using that new username and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines