• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Flash Player w/ Mac OS X 10.9.5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I can easily download the required informational file from Adobe and can run the Installer when I attempt to run AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_aih.dmg it consistently fails and instructs me to try again.  Incidentally, I have attempted the installation on several times on several different occasions without success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Hi Maria!  Thanks for the timely response.

Utilizing the link that you provided, I downloaded AdobeFlashPlayer_23_a_install.dmg and the installation worked perfectly.  Apparently I was inadvertently invoking an older version of the installer that I found in my Downloads folder.

Well done and thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_aih.dmg is a very old installer file that is no longer in use.  If you downloaded this recently, please provide the URL that you downloaded it from. Please go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the latest, valid/usable, installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria!  Thanks for the timely response.

Utilizing the link that you provided, I downloaded AdobeFlashPlayer_23_a_install.dmg and the installation worked perfectly.  Apparently I was inadvertently invoking an older version of the installer that I found in my Downloads folder.

Well done and thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  The installers change constantly, so it's always a good idea to download the latest version, instead of using an old one.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria:

My favorite Benjamin Franklin quote . . .

Good judgment comes from experience.

And where does experience come from?

Bad judgement!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines