• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPAD: All my photos edited on LR Mobile accidentally deleted when Installing LR Desktop. Backup on iPad?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a Creative Cloud account and I am mostly editing all my pics on my iPad Pro which works beautiful!

I also Synced once with my MacBook laptop but Im not using LR there cause its an old machine and iPad does a better work.

Since I bought a new MBP yesterday, I installed LR (and all other Adobes) there....

As It was not syncing, I read an advice (probably misread it) saying that you should say YES when asked to eliminate the previous catalogues in order to create the new ones...

Now everything is gone.

How can I restore my catalogues in my iPad.... the new machine has obviously no previous backup file and I assume the iPad should but I have no idea how/where to find it...

Maybe on my Creative Cloud?

Please help! I have all my RAW files properly stored on external drives but all my work editing them for my last 3 professionals trip is gone.

Thank you!

Jaime

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you did have LR installed on your older MBP and you had at one time synced LR mobile with a collection in the LR catalog file on that older Mac? Is that correct?

Do you still have the older Mac and do you still have the original LR catalog from that older Mac?

Never ever delete any catalog files. Even if you never plan on using them.

I don't work with LR Mobile at all (tried it when it was first available but stopped using it after a very short time) so I have no idea if those images and edits can be retrieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jaime,

We will attempt to recover your edits.  Will respond directly to you via email once they are available.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow Thnxs!

let me know if you need anything from me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines