• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It is possible to convert edits from Picasa to Lightroom?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Picasa on Windows for many years and would like switch to Lightroom since Picasa is now deprecated (and LR is better!).  I have LR 5 now but can upgrade to 6 or CC.  The layers of edits from Picasa are kept in picasa.ini files.  Is it simply impossible to convert these edits to Lightroom?  I assume it would take a plug-in.  Will such a plug-in ever be developed?  I need only the image edits, not face recognition, star rating or tags/keywords.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Hi Randyr,

Please have a look at the following link: software - How to migrate from Picasa to Lightroom? - Photography Stack Exchange , let me know if it helps.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randyr,

Please have a look at the following link: software - How to migrate from Picasa to Lightroom? - Photography Stack Exchange , let me know if it helps.

Regards

Tanuj Sandal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I had seen that well-written article, but rereading it now I believe I understand something new.  I have never "saved" my edited images in Picasa, but rather only exported them.  Saving appears to overwrite the original file, although Picasa first copies the original to a hidden folder which LR finds.  Having never "saved" them, LR shows me only the original image in the original folder and an identical one in the hidden folder.  I see now that I could "save" all my images in Picasa (thousands of them) and at least I would get the original and the end result.  Since the picasa.ini file is not translated, what I would not have is the pathway from original to end result.  Part of my question is whether a plug-in is being or will ever be developed to do that translation.  I expect not.  Can anyone verify that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure of any plugin that can be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, Tanuj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines