• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 Rendering/Crashing Issues

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having trouble with my trial of Premiere Pro CC 2017. I decided to try it out for video editing, however I've had a number of problems thus far and only sort of fixed most of them.

First, I'll give you my specs:

Intel 6900k (4.0GHz @1.15v)

2 EVGA Classified 980Ti's (in SLI)

Adobe installed on a 1TB SSD (not the OS boot disc)

128GB DDR4 (~100GB Reserved for Adobe)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

PSU and cooling info can be asked, but won't really play a factor, as the system is operational under synthetic 100% load in the mid 50C range.

Now what's been going on and what I've 'fixed':

Issue: Rendering issue in preview and source monitors (only hear audio, but no video is shown)

'Fix': Delete preferences folder in my documents folder (must repeat every time I want to open Premiere) meaning I can't save keybindings or other preferences

Issue: Auto-save causes a soft crash of the renderer that results in issue 1

'Fix': Auto-save disabled permanently (kind of a problem if I forget and it crashes)

Issue: Having the titler window open while footage is playing causes Premiere to hard crash at random intervals. (could be something else, though this is the common thread in all of the crashes I've had thus far.

'Fix': None yet...

Other than that, playback (even of 120MPBS H.264) is smooth, even to the point of being almost identical to cineform playback. I enjoy adobe products immensely and would like to use Premiere Pro CC 2017, however, I can't do that in good conscience knowing I might be paying for a product that won't work for me. If anyone has a way to permanently fix an of these issues, I'd appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I would recommend trying is to install the software in it's default location on the C: drive.  (And leave My Documents in it's default location as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my first thought to, however my c: drive is a 512GB NVME SSD I split into 2 partitions and the c: patition only has about 40 GB left of space, meaning that some errors due to lack of space are more likely to occur and didn't actually fix anything in particular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me, I tried this, but the same issues persisted when reinstalled on the C: Drive. Perhaps I could try shrinking the second partition of the physical disk and shift it over to the boot partition? Could it be that the issues were caused by a lack of space before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

split into 2 partitions

Definitely undo that.  Reformat the drive without partitions and reinstall Windows from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just merged the two partitions after moving all the data off the logical drive, so now both discs are all in one piece and I'm reinstalling to test if anything has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just launched up to test video playback on a new project, no luck, all of these problems still persist, not sure what the issue is 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing to try, remove one of the 980s.  Physically take it out of the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would, but it's in a water cooling loop, so removing it would be a bit too much of a hassle (would need to drain the loop, cut a new piece of tubing to reach, and refill only to test this out). Also, I use it on a daily basis to play and record games, so approx. halfing (because there isn't a true 2x scaling) the GPU power isn't the best for me and my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it on a daily basis to play and record games

HomerFacePalm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fite me rite now m8. That's what I do and why I want to use premiere, I just want to have it work, so advice/troubleshooting is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remove the SLI connection as a trial.  Premiere will still use both for CUDA applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled SLI for testing multiple times, no apparent change. Shall I remove the physical cable and see where that gets me? I think it's possible that the SLI support isn't bug-free, but I don't think it's the cause of ​these​ problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unplug it and plug it back in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines