• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice graphic card for After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom and Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a CPU Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @3.20 GHz , 16 Gb RAM and operative system of 64 bits. I want to know if the "Nvidia GTX 745" can work with all of this application without problem.

Do you have other recommendation about graphic card?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

After Effects doesn't use the GPU for a whole lot, but the list of effects that are GPU-accelerated is growing with each new version and it should work for some of those.

That card isn't officially supported to accelerate the ray-traced renderer, but that feature is considered obsolete by the AE team, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Some third-party effects do use the GPU, so if you plan to use things like Red Giant Universe, Element 3d, etc. you may need to look at their requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects doesn't use the GPU for a whole lot, but the list of effects that are GPU-accelerated is growing with each new version and it should work for some of those.

That card isn't officially supported to accelerate the ray-traced renderer, but that feature is considered obsolete by the AE team, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Some third-party effects do use the GPU, so if you plan to use things like Red Giant Universe, Element 3d, etc. you may need to look at their requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines