• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing missing assets with library automatically?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've got a AE project with missing assets. Same assets are available in adobe library that I'm sharing with my colleagues so I need to sync those missing assets not with files physically on HDD but with library.

So far, I'm able to search for each asset in library and drag it to the project. It works, but must be done for every single asset.\

Is there any way to do that for all missing assets in one step? Just to tell AE that it should search for missing assets in library by default or something like that?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

The library is tied to the context of the user account. Even if an asset is globally available, it will not link to any of its usages when it's not on the same user account. So no, can't do. Simply download the assets locally and bundle them up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The library is tied to the context of the user account. Even if an asset is globally available, it will not link to any of its usages when it's not on the same user account. So no, can't do. Simply download the assets locally and bundle them up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium​ I still don't get it.

1/ How should I save my AE compositions locally when in team project? "Save/Save as" is grayed out.

2/ How's possible that it works in the video presentation on youtube for the guys from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sh*t sorry I messed with other article. Thanks for info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines