• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trial period expires & moving to new pc

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, we have done some metadata editing on our photos, and now as our trial period expiry date approaching  we are thinking of moving our file along with software to a brand new PC. And now the question is how are we able to do that? Can I move our catalogue from our PC to a new pc even if the account there is already expired and how can this be achieved?

Thanks so much for help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gongzhul,

You can try Lightroom on a different computer as well.

Please refer the link http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I get it now. Just one last thing, I want to someone to confirm that my data will not be lost after my trial license expires? Since it would take me few days to get the money in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your catalog and your files are allways yours and don't expire. only the program to open this files wil be expire and would start till you get a legal version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your work in Lightroom does not disappear when the trial expires, but you won't be able to access it. However, once you actually pay for a license, all your work is available.

The photos themselves are not in Lightroom, so you can always access them any time you want via your operating system or other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can, copy your files to the new computer (keep the same folder structure).

install lightroom on the new computer. by startup choose use existing catalog, browse to your catalog file and everything would be the same as before.

Or you can also do: in LR (old) choose in de folder structure your highest folder then right click on it and choose export as catalog (in the sub menu choose incl files).

on the new computer open LR under file choose import from another catalog and choose your previous made catalog)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about photos? On my current lightroom, i have both the photos+catalg in separate folder inside the lightroom file. Will I be able to transfer the pictures and link them to the  catalogue automatically or manually or is it possible?

Thanks so much again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gongzhul48568465 wrote:

what about photos? On my current lightroom, i have both the photos+catalg in separate folder inside the lightroom file. Will I be able to transfer the pictures and link them to the catalogue automatically or manually or is it possible?

Thanks so much again

Please read the link provided by Akash for complete details on moving the photos, catalog and everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you do like i said, and do it right šŸ™‚  both ways will be linked your files to the catalog,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gongzhul48568465 wrote:

what about photos? On my current lightroom, i have both the photos+catalg in separate folder inside the lightroom file. Will I be able to transfer the pictures and link them to the catalogue automatically or manually or is it possible?

Thanks so much again

The following information should help answer a lot of your questions:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Installing Lightroom on a new computer should give you another trial to evaluate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines