• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappeared file

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently working on an animation and all of a sudden Adobe Animate crashed. Not un-normal, but when I opened it, nothing was there. (Yes, I HAD saved it, but even the saved file wasn't showing up) Why did my file just disappear and Adobe Animate having no memory of it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

If you mean that the file didn't show up in the recent files list, that makes sense, that information got lost in the crash. But, the file itself should still be where it was. Try searching for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to save with different names.  i've made a simple jsfl file and a keyboard shortcut that automates the process when i save (and i save frequently when working on large projects).

whatever file was open when animate crashed is likely corrupted.  i've never heard of it disappearing but it's typically unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you mean that the file didn't show up in the recent files list, that makes sense, that information got lost in the crash. But, the file itself should still be where it was. Try searching for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines