• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 - crashes constantly - how to revert back to previous version.

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i get back the stable version of AE 2015 - this is absolutely woefull from you Adobe - it seems the internet is exploding with how awful your update is

Can i get this version off my system and then go back to the previous version?

Windows 10 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

You do it all from the Creative Cloud app. Just follow the tabs and drill down. You can download and install everything all the way back to CS6...

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.00.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.01.27 PM.png

There are dozens of threads on this subject. I've posted these screenshots a bunch of times.

You can also uninstall directly from the CC app by clicking on the little gear icon:

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.02.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do it all from the Creative Cloud app. Just follow the tabs and drill down. You can download and install everything all the way back to CS6...

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.00.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.01.27 PM.png

There are dozens of threads on this subject. I've posted these screenshots a bunch of times.

You can also uninstall directly from the CC app by clicking on the little gear icon:

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 11.02.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhh thank you Rick you are a lifesaver - i have searched and could not find this info anywhere just lots of confusing ones - i have uninstalled 2017 of AE and Media Encoder as they were both unstable - shame on you Adobe where has your support systems gone? - wonder if i can bill Adobe for my unbillable hours lost to my clients?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to pay attention to the options when you install and never remove a working version in the middle of a project. Again, lots of threads on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and stable new releases would be a great idea too - i dont normally update software in the middle of a job - i had just finished one but then had to go back to do a minor tweek and it failed badly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand!!!

This is not what I have in my creative cloud... mine is an "Update" on the button... it's not an Install button like shown above... there's no dropdown to pick a version. if I click 'update' it just starts updating!

help!

this is INCREDIBLY frustrating. NICE JOB ADOBE. I cannot believe this absolute GARBAGE release!!!! I'm in the middle of major project for client and I can't get anywhere. crashes, and all sorts of stuff. this is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jamesb64720695 wrote:

I don't understand!!!

This is not what I have in my creative cloud... mine is an "Update" on the button... it's not an Install button like shown above... there's no dropdown to pick a version. if I click 'update' it just starts updating!

help!

You are not going down far enough. You go to the filter section and pick older versions there and THEN go down and you get install buttons.

Now, if you have a button that says "update" for After Effects, there's probably an update that might fix the bugs you're experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines