Copied

Acrobat 11.0.18

MacPro OS 10.11.6

processor 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 16 GB 1866 DDR3

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2048MB

Apple LED Cinema Display 1920 x 1200

Apple Cinema Display 1680 x 1050

Acrobat is very slow to open pdf pages which have a picture or figures. Wait for 10 sec. or even more to open the page. Same file will be opened quickly on my MacBook pro with Acrobat 10.

Tried to change the page display preferences: low the custom resolution to 72 pixels/inch, and change smooth text to: None. No help.

Thanks for any reply.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same computer, same file opened with Acrobat pro 9.5.5, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

This may happen with the file using more images or with drawings.

If you want to Acrobat/Reader to render those fast. You may go to preference > Page Display, uncheck "Smooth line art" , "Smooth images. 

There has been a number of changes way the files is being rendered from previous versions.

Regards,
Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have been having problems since updating to Acrobat Pro DC 2015 020 20042. Opening pdf's now takes an eternity and editing also. Shows the spinning wheel often.

Unchecked "Smooth line art", no difference apart from making the page look naff.

Really need help on this one please

MacPro

8 core

64GB ram

1TB flash storage

MacOS Sierra v10 12 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I think I have found what is causing Acrobat to slow up. My laptop has Acrobat on it and it works as fast as it ever has. As soon as I used the sign function with signature, the program slowed right down and is now as bad as it is on my MacPro.

I did go through to support who tried to fix the problem prior to this and it was explained as a known problem after about an hours work trying to fix it.

Any comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for the updates.

We have released a latest quarterly update and you may try to install the update on your machine. Restart the machine and try again.

Please let us know if that helps you out.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines