• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Really simple shape layers query

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Adobe, where'd you go and hide the shape layer path option in cc2015? I want to turn a pentagon into a triangle and can't because you've moved the paths points control! Little help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

I also faced the same problem but I got it, just on the tool menu there is an option named bazier path just uncheck this option you will find a result 🙂

Umair5E9A_0-1611651618237.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean? what options? are you not seeing your columns correctly?

make sure your switches panel is visible and expand it here

if you are experiencing anything different, share a few screenshots so we could see what this is about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ae.jpg

Normally (well, in CS6 and previous) I'd find an option to control the amount of points on the path, and therefore change a polygon from a triangle to square, pentagon, heptagon etc, but now I can't see it? I basically want to create a triangle shape layer. Please note I mean only polygons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have converted the shape to a path. You'll either have to start over using the polygon tool or animate the path. There are no points on a path controls on a path layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an old tutorial which explains what I'm attempting, if you skip to 50 seconds in you can see how previous versions of AE had more options for the polystar path. I'm sure these options still exist but they're not in their usual place...

How to Make a Triangle in After Effects - YouTube

I've downloaded a vector and achieved what I needed to do that way, but something that should have taken a few seconds took five minutes. Thanks both for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could have manually selected and deleted path points to create a triangle, to be fair. I'd still like to know where those missing controls are though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an old tutorial which explains what I'm attempting, if you skip to 50 seconds in you can see how previous versions of AE had more options for the polystar path.

this has always been this way. if you follow through the tutorial carefully you can see the author chooses a parametric shape from the tools menu. this will give you certain options. parametric shapes are only shapes created in after effects with selecting the parametric tool. vector shapes that are imported to Ae and converted to ae's shape layers, or path's that are copy pasted from illustrator or anywhere else will give you a free path. if you want the parametric options, you need to use the parametric shape tool.

but don't take our word for it. try it yourself:

002.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roe showed you Rectangle controls. The polygon controls are slightly different but they are still there. If you cannot see them then reset your work area, make sure all columns required are visible in the timeline and then select the shape layer and press the U key twice. You should be able to spin down the number polygon properties to reveal the number of sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also faced the same problem but I got it, just on the tool menu there is an option named bazier path just uncheck this option you will find a result 🙂

Umair5E9A_0-1611651618237.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines