• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom License on 2 computers

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering buying Lightroom 6 (not the CC version).  I understand that this makes it possible to use it on 2 different computers.  We have two addresses, and a Mac at one and a PC at the other.  So does that mean I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the 2 computer license?  I have read conflicting information about this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

I think whoever wrote that FAQ was misinformed. Here is the section from the license agreement itself:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license for Lightroom is not specific to Mac or Windows. So you will be able to install Lightroom on both computers. The catalog will be interchangeable between the two computers. You just need to have the catalog and images on an external hard drive. This license for Lightroom is for your personal use. It is not intended that two different people will be sharing the same license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license allows you to install it on two computers that you own, for your own personal use (not you're nephew's use on one computer and your own personal use on the other computer) and that Lightroom can only be used on one computer at a time.

Read the license yourself:

Photoshop Lightroom End User License Agreement - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but it is ambiguous

Photoshop Lightroom End User License Agreement - Adobe Labs

see section 2.4  It refers to "a home" so I dont know if downloading it from two different ISPs would work.

And this is what is on Adobe license FAQ:

"If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user- or volume-license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. "

So, I presume I wouldn't be able to download on mac version and one PC version.  Very limited!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user- or volume-license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. "

This text does not appear in the Lightroom license. It does not apply.

So, yes you can, under the Lightroom license, install and activate (not download as you said) one copy of Lightroom on a Mac and a second copy on a Windows computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think whoever wrote that FAQ was misinformed. Here is the section from the license agreement itself:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will be travelling SE Asia for 2 months and wanted to install my LR6 on my "small" laptop. It appears that that will be no problem. Thanks for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to install and run Lightroom 6 (DVD copy) on my new laptop which replaced my old one that failed before I could de-activate my Adobe software.  It installed okay but I get the following message** telling me to de-activate it from a computer to allow the licence to pass to my new laptop and starting a countdown to when it will I presume stop working ?  I do have it installed on my Desktop PC but now need to get it working on my new laptop for mobile working thereby respecting the Adobe 2 PC's/ One User per license.  My purchase was registered with Adobe back in September 2015 against my email address (timisajames@gmail.com) but I am not sure how to get the licence on my old laptop revoked to allow my new laptop to use Lightroom as when logged onto my account it shows my registration only with the date and no details re. where I have it installed.  Could you advise how I could contact Adobe to resolve this issue ?

** see attached file for error message on new laptop.

Thanks in advance,

Tim James - UKdeactivatequery.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of simple facts that we as other users just like yourself cannot help with, this means to achieve what is necessary to activate the installation, on your new computer, you need to contact Adobe support directly.

1. If you did the install from the CD you would have installed version 6.0, the last version was 6.14 which was issued in December 2017.

2. If you have a installation file for the latest version 6.14 then you have crossed one hurdle, since Adobe has no active links available. Sometimes some other user may post a link but it appears they also disappear very quickly.

3. You in the final analysis have to contact Adobe Support directly and satisify them as to the legitimacy of your request so they can activate your new computer. Your license is registered so you do have an Adobe a/c. Your user name would be the email address you registered with.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines