• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App Automatically Duplicating Projects

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Draw application on my Samsung Tablet is automatically creating duplicate projects. There is now two versions of one of my projects and three of another. I'm aware that there is a feature to duplicate a project, I'm pretty sure I did not accidently duplicate my projects (i.e. elbow brushed tablet and selected duplicate button).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I searched and did not find this issue posted.

I'm nervous to attempt to delete a duplicated project in case the system deletes all the projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Hi Scott.

It's not yet possible, in Draw for Android, to move drawings between projects. It will be. About bringing Ai files into Draw... I don't know whether that's being planned or not (for either iOS or Android).

I'm not sure why there are so many duplicates in your account. I know there was a duplication issue in the version before 3.0.10 so I'm hoping this latest version has corrected that (I definitely don't hear about it nearly as much).

Once you get the duplicates out of the app, leave bo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

Sorry the app's behaving strangely. A couple of things:

* What version of Draw for Android are you using? I heard of this issue in the last release but it hasn't come up since 3.0.10 was released a couple of weeks ago.

*  Not a great idea to start deleting until you can see what's going on. Log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and see what's synced there.

* Once you see that all your work is synced, can you try force-quitting the app and relaunching it?

Let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick responce.

I'm running 3.0.10. I should note that I'm using two different tablets, a

work tablet and home tablet. The tablets are the same model but running

different versions of Android.

I checked out my Creative Cloud account and there are duplicates there.

What process would you recommend for deleting duplicate projects? Should I

delete from the cloud, that way I know there is a backup? And should I

rename before deleting? I'm wondering if there is a chance that deleting a

duplicate will remove the one with the same name.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

OK, that makes a little more sense now.

When syncing if you've had the same drawing open on two devices, sometimes the app doesn't know which version of the drawing to keep, so it keeps both... the original and a copy. Although it prevents the inadvertent loss of any changes that you might have wanted to keep, it makes things confusing if there are a lot of duplicates.

The safest way to "delete" the duplicates is to do it online at Adobe Creative Cloud  because instead of Delete, the choice is actually Archive and all the work will drop into the Archive folder (which you'll see once you log in) where it stays for 30 days. That way, when you sync your work, if something's deleted that you want back, you can restore it to your device.

I always play these things safe... Try it with one drawing first and see if the result on your device(s) is what you want. If it is, go ahead and do the rest.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'll definitely play it safe.

So as it stands, I should only sync one device to my creative cloud

account.

I'm in the process of consolidating my work but the issue I'm having is

that there is seemingly no way to move pages inside of a project to another

project. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Right now my cloud and both

tablets are out of sync, and there are up to four duplicates of one

project. There are stranded pages inside of the duplicate projects so I'm

trying to consolidate pages from the duplicate projects back into one

project. Things are a bit of a mess.

If there is no way to move pages inside a project to another then what I'll

do is convert the pages to Illustrator. This would be a shame because there

seems to be no way to import the page back into a project. So my entire

work flow would move into Illustrator. Not the end of the world but a bit

of a disappointment.

Let me know if I'm understanding the limitations correctly.

I think the Draw could be a great tool for early project planning but as it

stands I've lost confidence in it. Wondering if you know of any updates

that would fix these issue. I'd give it a try again if there was an update

that addressed the issue.

Thanks,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scott.

It's not yet possible, in Draw for Android, to move drawings between projects. It will be. About bringing Ai files into Draw... I don't know whether that's being planned or not (for either iOS or Android).

I'm not sure why there are so many duplicates in your account. I know there was a duplication issue in the version before 3.0.10 so I'm hoping this latest version has corrected that (I definitely don't hear about it nearly as much).

Once you get the duplicates out of the app, leave both apps/devices open over wifi and things should sync up between the Creative Cloud and your two devices.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with it. (If it's easier, you can also contact me through the in-app feedback.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines