• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe encoder cc 2017 changing my comp;s size in the match source option...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it a bug in the new version? happened in different projects- i send my HD comp from after effects to queue nicely, and suddenly encoder is saying that its a 940x 540 comp. if I try to resize it ruins the quality, as if my material is too small... it 4K!!! I am very pissed off and can not find an answer...

please help

thank you

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nogaf34844055 wrote:

is it a bug in the new version?

Yes! And there is an easy workaround.

Just set your comp resolution to full and save it that way before you send it.
It's a silly bug and Adobe says there is a bug fix update coming soon (but they haven't said if this bug is one of those that'll be fixed). But, until then, we have a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for answering!

there are so many bugs i am seriously considering downgrading back to 2015.3- i am loosing so much time-  and, therefor money, and clients, to figure out all these workarounds. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually 2015.3 has some nasty bugs too. other than this bug which has very easy workarounds, what other bugs have you discovered in CC 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in AME, no, but in primiere pro, i experienced different bugs regarding sound...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

If you change the audio device being used in Preferences > Audio Hardware, does the problem go away? We think it may be more likely to happen if you have a multi-channel capable device. If you switch to a stereo-only device (ex., internal speakers), this may be less likely to happen.

it was taken from this thread: CreativeCOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, but nope, didn't work- I do not have another device available to switch to... I have posted a Q. in the premiere pro forum, maybe ill get some answers there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try the latest update that came out last night: After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

This update is 14.0.1 and fixes several disturbing issues - especially for Mac users. It does not fix all the bugs that are new with the CC 2017 release (Known issues in After Effects CC 2017), but it does fix some issues that have been plaguing After Effects since the first parts of the new architecture showed up in the CC 2015 release.

If you can't see the update yet, you may need to wait a while until you see it as it can take up to 24 hours to populate an update across all the data centers. You may need to log out, relaunch the Creative Cloud app, and log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to what Szalam suggested, you can also use the new Queue in AME feature which is superior method that also keeps your render settings. it will cause you no problems related to this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers! that helped...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines