Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill and Sign data disappearing

Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A group of our users have to regularly fill and sign certain government provided PDFs.

Using Acrobat Standard DC 2015 fully updated on Windows Server 2012 R2

When the user writes in the data using Fill and Sign it appears to save fine with no issues. When reopening the file parts of text blocks are missing.

For example if they created a text block that says "We will remove extra materials at $40.00 per pound." it would show as "W     emove   xtra mat  ials at $  .00 p   po  d". If the data was missing altogether I would assume that there was a problem writing to the file. Since the data is there is sporatic nature. I have to assume it's either an issue reading the file or with formatting the tags that are added using Fill and Sign.

What I've Tried:

• I've rebuilt network shares completely including changing the share namespace. Other programs don't seem to have this problem.
  • Repaired the Program using programs and features.
  • Redownloaded the original PDF file (a nationally used PDF file from a government agency)

The issue does not happen every time it seems to corrupt randomly so it is very hard to replicate.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrewspi,

Please share the link (source) from where you have downloaded the original file.

Also, please share the file that you have edited and on which the changes you made are saved.

You can check a private message I am sending to you to share this information and I will check the same and get back to you.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines