• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode Particular problem

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution to why is my processor dropping usage when rendering with Trapcode Particular 1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AE are you using?

What OS?

What version of Particular?

This may be very normal behavior depending on the answer to the questions I just asked.

What is it doing that seems odd to you? I mean, what do you expect to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects CC 2014.0

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Trapcode Particular 2.6.0

I expected to see a full processor usage like every other project i have when rendering, but when using Particular processor chokes and drops usage from 100% to 50% every 2 seconds, which dramatically increases render times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you expect. Many calculations in particle simulations are linear and thus cannot run parallel, meaning they run more or less single-threaded. Likewise, things like using sprites that force the effect to sample frames can slow down things drastically due to how AE handles this. There is realyl nothing you can do here. You have to live with these limitations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i guess so, just makes me sad that i wont be able to use it cause i don't have plenty of time on my hands 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium says, particle simulations are a whole different beast. Particular does not disable AE's multiprocessing, but there are some bugs (if you use shading, for example, beware of flickering). You are likely seeing the drop because it calculates information and then has to wait as it passes things off to another process.

You might consider updating your After Effects install, by the way. I can understand people avoiding the new architecture (even though the CC 2017 release is a significant improvement on that), but you should at least update to the 2014.2 update (AE version 13.2.x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that update absolutely devastates my render speeds, i'll rather stay on 2014.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that from other people before. I wonder why that happens for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah idk either but on the other hand, there is no difference in render speeds between those 2 updates so there's no point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines