• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Develop Module Crop Tool Overlay

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over the past week I have encountered some problems with Lightroom 5 in the Develp Module.  The most noticeable issue I am having is with the Crop Overlay tool, you can no longer see the image you are working on with this tool.  I noticed I also cannot see changes to any images if I apply presets or changes to them while in the Develop module, but when I click back over to Library module, I can see the changes to the image(s).  I am working on a PC Windows 7 Home Edition, I have the latest version of LR5 installed.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled LR5 in an attempt to fix the issues, but that hasn't helped.  I am working to find a solution if possible.

LRhelp.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

That sounds like it could be the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off GPU acceleration in the Lightroom preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess wrote:

Have you tried turning off GPU acceleration in the Lightroom preferences?

There's no such thing in Lightroom 5.

I would recommend deleting the preference file. Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missed that one, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried this (deleting preference file) and it did not fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if your monitor profile has become corrupt. Try switching to a sRGB profile or try to update the profile you have been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srgb profile already in place for monitor profiles, but I guess I could do another monitor calibration with my calibration system, I just did it a few days ago before editing the wedding from last week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like it could be the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may be right....  I just did a new calibration and low and behold the settings were not on the same profile they should have been on....  and I remember getting a phone call during the time the calibration process was taking place and of course I was not paying attention to what I was doing at the moment.  It appears the issues I was having may be resolved.  I need to do a quickie shoot of some kind so I have something to edit to make sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, I had a chance to do a quick shoot and edit and it does appear that this fixed the issue.  thank you to all who answered!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines