• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching photos by name to import to light room

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I search for photos in lightroom that are on my computer by file name?  When i go to library > Find.  I enter in my favourites list copied from Pixieset and paste it in the search field and it comes up with no photos match filter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to search for photos that you want to then import into LR?  Or do you want to search in LR's catalog for photos you've already imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title indicates you want to search for photos you have NOT imported yet.  The Lightroom Library/Find command will only search for photos that are ALREADY imported into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Pixie set and My client made a favorites list.  Pixieset says i can import the flavorites list into light room by pasting the file names in the search bar in the find section but they are not showing up.  Also i just installed the Pixieset plug in and non of my online collections are showing up in light room

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pasting the favorites list CORRECTLY in the search field might work but ONLY if the photos are already imported into Lightroom.  Are these photos already in Lightroom???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob yes you were right about that thanks!  i imported the whole album and then in the search field I put i the favorites list and they all popesd up so thats great.  Now how do i take just those selected photos over to develop.  I highlighted all 50 favourite photos but when i click important it starts importing all my albums, not just the 50 favourite photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We probably need a better description (step by step) of what you did, as "import" would be a wrong step here.

After you highlight the 50 images, click "develop" and you can then edit those 50 images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also i just installed the Pixieset plug in and non of my online collections are showing up in light room

You might get an answer more quickly by contacting Pixeset for help about their plugin:  Customer Feedback for Pixieset .  While I've seen a few Pixeset users post here over the past year, I don't think there are many who frequent this forum.

From what you said here, I'm guessing that the photos you have online in Pixieset aren't in your LR catalog, which is why Library > Find doesn't find them.  So the first step is to make sure you've got the plugin working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Pixie set and My client made a favorites list.  Pixieset says i can import the flavorites list into light room by pasting the file names in the search bar in the find section but they are not showing up.  Also i just installed the Pixieset plug in and non of my online collections are showing up in light room

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robyn!

I love to use Pixieset, and too had troubles at first. So this is what you should do:

To update the Pixieset's Publishing service from Lightroom, right click on the Publish service and click Edit Settings. Make sure that the login information is correct and you're logged in. Click Sync Now if you want to sync the structure (collections and sets). Notice that this will NOT import any pictures, just resync the structure so Lightroom and Pixieset can talk to each other correctly.

If you want to double check your process to show client's favorites in Lightroom, here are the step by step instructions:

1. Inside the Pixieset website, go to your collection and click on the notification bell on your top-right.
  2. Click on your client's created list, and you will open the Favorites page.
  3. Under the actions column, click the three dots and go down to the Lightroom Copy List.
  4. A window with the names of all the favorited files will pop up, then click the button that reads COPY.
  5. Now, lets move to Lightroom. Go to Library > Find from the menu or simply click Command F, and a search field will open.
  6. Paste your copy name files there. Also, check that the terms for the search are the following:Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 10.05.52 AM.png
  7. Select the files within the Lightroom Grid and you can do to things: give them either a number Rating or a specific color, and create a smart collection based on that, or select the filtered pictures from the Grid and create a new collection filled with those selected pictures.

For the future, and now that you've installed Pixieset into Lightroom, you upload your pictures directly from Lightroom to Pixieset, making it easier to find the favorite pictures!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines