• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting metadata from Lightroom/Photoshop to Sharepoint 2013

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large amount of tagged images that need to be imported into a Sharepoint 2013 image library. Sharepoint imports some of the metadata tags (all EXIF, some IPTC) but not all of the tags I need. SP libraries have a default set of tags they import: Title, Subject, Keywords, Author (photographer), Date Picture Taken, Height, Width.  I need it to import City, State/Province, Country, and Person Shown.

Has anybody worked out how to enable additional metadata tags for import?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

I know almost nothing about SharePoint, but a quick Google suggests that you can add custom metadata columns to a Sharepoint library and import external data into those columns. 

It's easy to get most metadata out of LR -- the LR/Transporter and ListView plugins can export most EXIF and IPTC metadata from the LR catalog to CSV files.

So in your query on the Microsoft Sharepoint forum, you might restate your problem: You have a CSV file providing additional columns of data for images in a Sharepoi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know almost nothing about SharePoint, but a quick Google suggests that you can add custom metadata columns to a Sharepoint library and import external data into those columns. 

It's easy to get most metadata out of LR -- the LR/Transporter and ListView plugins can export most EXIF and IPTC metadata from the LR catalog to CSV files.

So in your query on the Microsoft Sharepoint forum, you might restate your problem: You have a CSV file providing additional columns of data for images in a Sharepoint image library.  How do you create custom metadata columns in that library and import the data from the CSV file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that got me looking for other third-party apps since I don't have Lightroom myself. Picture Information Extractor (Windows), ExifChanger, and GraphicConverter can batch edit and export metadata to a CSV (cool!). Now I just have to get them into the Sharepoint list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines