• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken GUI is an irritation - Search dialogue box is fixed to top of the GUI

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so I've just opened a fresh installation of InDesign CC 2017 to work on a book. As soon as the GUI loads there is a dirty great big white dialogue box in the top right corner emanating from the Adobe Stock search box. The white box is unresponsive to me.

Might Adobe want to resolve this they can observe the bug in this screen capture:

How to reproduce the bug yourself:

1. Simply open InDesign CC 2017 after fresh installation, there's no opportunity to go wrong.

You're welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

This looks like an issue with corrupt install. I have sent you a mail stating the information needed from you to debug this.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Aditi,

The installation of Adobe InDesign was smooth, Creative Cloud completed it with no additional interaction from myself.

My operating system is MacOS Sierra 10.12.1.

The installation path for InDesign is the same as all other applications for my iMac; Macintosh HD > Applications.

Macintosh HD is a local, internal hard drive.

My logon username is josh.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Thank you for taking time to provide all this information. It will help us debug the problem.

Can you also provide the complete folder of “com.adobe.butler.OnBoarding” present at the below path?

/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2017/Resources/Extension/CEP/

You can either upload this folder to Dropbox and send the URL to my email address(asaraswa@adobe.com) or any other way that you are comfortable with.

We need to see if there are any missing or corrupt files which would cause this problem.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Aditi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aditi you've now got a copy of that folder in your email inbox, I'm sorry I couldn't have provided it any sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Thank you for providing this folder. We were able to reproduce this bug in house and working towards fixing this.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that I've done my bit. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I´ve got the very same issue and a fix would be nice.

@ asaraswa​: I sent you a download link for my folder in case you need a second source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Clemens,

To fix this issue, you can quit InDesign application and relaunch it. The white blank dialog at top right corner will be gone.

Thanks,

Aditi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines