• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to ensure that endnotes in Word-doc. also are clickable in doc. saved in PDF-format?

Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can "clickable" endnotes in Word-document (Office 2010 Home) also be clickable endnotes in PDF-document after one has saved a Word-doc. as a PDF-doc.?

Clickable means here that when the cursor is placed on the left side of an endnote number, one can by a double-click jump to the end of the doc. where the endnote text is.  In the same way, one can jump from the end of the doc. and back to the endnote number in the main text.  In Word 2010, these endnotes are clickable automatically.

I would be very grateful for help on this task.  I do not wish to make - manually - "hyperlinks" for all my over 600 endnotes in my doc.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Soeren, Denmark

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't look like Word is able to do that out of the box.  I was able to dig up this link for a macro that should convert all of the footnotes to links and remove them as well to reverse the process.  Maybe this will help:

Hyperlink Footnotes in Word 2013 so they will export as hyperlinked in - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help.

I am not an IT-expert.  Therefore, I will ask such one to check the link you sent.

Thanks again.

BR, Soeren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines