• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync workspaces in Indesign CC2017

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Indesign CC2017, and lost all my workspaces.

Shortcuts did migrate, scripts too, and GREPS I added manually into the user folder. I also tried to do so with the workspaces, but they don't appear in indd.

I put it here:

users > (me) > library > preferences > Adobe Indesign > version 12.0 > Workspaces

(same thread as for Indesign CC 2015, and where I now added my Grepps, which worked)

What is the correct way to sync, or place to put them so I have my workspaces back?

Tx for the help

Vanessa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Yes, I'm with Steve, something isn't right. And what I've been hiding from you is that my workspaces were copied automatically. I just said yes to an installation question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Edit > Migrate Previous Local Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve: that seems the correct way indeed but only partially works: it restarts and set my correct workspace, but when I then choose a different one, the old ones dissapear. It seems to be a bug?

@Barb: I work on Mac and that is where I did put them... (see thread in my question: users > (me) > library > preferences > Adobe Indesign > version 12.0 > Workspaces)

i though it might be a problem because I allready put the xml/workspaces there, but it isn't: if I delete the workspaces and let indd do the "copying" via Edit > Migrate, it does not work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that OutlineG—that was a pre-coffee answer. I do see the path part of the original question.

However, now I'm confused. If you did drag them to the correct folder, and restarted InDesign, are you saying that they are still not available in 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No prob

Yes: that's correct: they are in that folder and they do not show up.

Using the Edit>Migrate they DO show up, (my personal workspace is immediately active) but if I choose a different one, my personal ones disappear from the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes: that's correct: they are in that folder and they do not show up.

After restarting InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

repeatedly restarting Indd AND computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there may be something amiss in your installation. I think you might consider uninstalling InDesign CC 2017 and installing again.

You can do both of those from the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm with Steve, something isn't right. And what I've been hiding from you is that my workspaces were copied automatically. I just said yes to an installation question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick - with this work-around: I did have to save the old workspace again with a new name to be able to keep it in my option panel. So I guess not the indd was amiss but the workspace.xml itself?

Problem solved - thank you much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also manually copy them to the new folder. Here's a Mac screen shot—let us know if you are on Windows and can't find the correct folders:

Finderss_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines