• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered Capture for Nikon D7000

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

! !For some time now it is very hard to activate the Tethered Capture feature in my LR 5.  Sometime must turn it on and off 4 or 5 times, or sometimes just leave it alone for a number of minutes.  Any solutions? ! !

Thanks.

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Adobe uses Nikon software to do tethering with LR.  As of El Capitan, Apple removed older USB functions that Nikon was using for their tethering.  Apparently this removal took Nikon by surprise, because the official Nikon software quit tethering as well, even though the OS beta had been available for months as was information about the USB functions being removed.  Nikon took 6 months to fix things, long after LR 5.7.1 had become obsolete, so LR 6.4/LR CC 2015.4 is the oldest LR version that wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alanl,

Is your Lightroom updated to its latest update 5.7.1, also have you tried using another catalog.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit.  I did get the latest version and I just tried different catalogues.  Everything worked okay until I had to replace the LR software in a new computer  (the previous computer was in a robbery).  It never worked great, but know I cannot get it to hook up at all.

Welcome to any ideas as I desperately need this feature right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, bought another cable, completely reloaded LR 5.7, did update 5.71, updated firmware on my Nikon D7000, different catalogues.  I am beginning to conclude that this will not work well on Mac IOS El Capitan.  Anyone else have any issues with this OS?  I had used this version of LR for about 18 months with some success--but was running Mac IOS 10.9  (Mavericks).

So, about all that is left is to go with LR 6 on the Cloud.  Does that sound like the only option left?

Thanks anyone!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe uses Nikon software to do tethering with LR.  As of El Capitan, Apple removed older USB functions that Nikon was using for their tethering.  Apparently this removal took Nikon by surprise, because the official Nikon software quit tethering as well, even though the OS beta had been available for months as was information about the USB functions being removed.  Nikon took 6 months to fix things, long after LR 5.7.1 had become obsolete, so LR 6.4/LR CC 2015.4 is the oldest LR version that will tether Nikon cameras on El Capitan and newer Mac OSes:

Adobe has discovered the compatibility issues listed below with running Lightroom CC 2015 or Lightro...

Only an OS downgrade or a LR pay-for upgrade will allow you to tether your Nikon on your Mac, again, with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct!   Did the LR pay upgrade, and now tethered capture works.

Was very frustrating and many lost hours, but problem correctly identified and solved.

Thanks so much.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines