• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find and remove unused files in Premiere Pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've using Premiere Pro CC version (mac). I have a project where I need to clear out unused files to make room.

In the documentation often I see references to Project menu header but I do not have this.

Likewise in the Project window, I do not see the columns for video usage or audio usage that are indicated.

Any suggestions (I feel like I am overlooking something obvious)? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

If you are using Premiere Pro CC (7.0), then the Remove Unused option is under the Edit menu. In the Project panel, if you are in Icon View, then files will display the orage video and/or audio icon in the file thumbnail. If you have the Preview Area enabled (in right corner wing menu) and select a file, then it will also list how many times the file is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Premiere Pro CC (7.0), then the Remove Unused option is under the Edit menu. In the Project panel, if you are in Icon View, then files will display the orage video and/or audio icon in the file thumbnail. If you have the Preview Area enabled (in right corner wing menu) and select a file, then it will also list how many times the file is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I knew I must have been overlooking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things seem to hide in plain sight. Thanks, Trent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Removed Unused" (files) in my Project panel is not working. The "Removed Unused" option in the "Edit" menu is grayed out and doesn't permit removal of hundreds of files I've collected in a huge project. Thank you for your help. - Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, of course. That makes sense.

So everyone, just think of where it Should be, based on using other Adobe software, then look in one of the Other menus.

I mean, why would you package it somewhere close to Project Manager, or Project settings? Removing unused clips is Definitely an Edit function.

In case you didn't catch that, it was 100% sarcasm.

My favorite Adobe blunder lately is how even within the same application, holding shift and not holding shift to constrain proportions. It's almost like Adobe no longer has quality control. But hey, at least they are threatening legal action against us if we don't uninstall older Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Excellent hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A helpful additional tip: once you click "remove unused clips," you have no way of knowing what disappeared.  If you immediately click "undo," the removed files will reappear in the Project window as highlighted files so you can check and see what is actually being removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines