• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Identifying RGB images in a large .indd document

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've got a large 116 page document that features hundreds of images. When I go to 'Package' the project, I get a warning message that 8 of the images are RGB (which I don't want as it's going to print). So, InDesign has identified that there's 8 RGB images, and it must know which ones. But is there any way I can find out where they are? The only way I can think of is to click on every individual image in the document, one-by-one, and refer to the 'Link info' panel. Does anyone know a quicker method? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

You're looking at the Summary

RGB alert.png

Click on Links and Images and you'll see a list of all the images, which ones are RGB, and what pages they are on.

RGB.png

But as many others will tell you, converting RGB to CMYK is no longer the optimum workflow. These days we let the print machine driver do the conversion at the proper values for that press.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking at the Summary

RGB alert.png

Click on Links and Images and you'll see a list of all the images, which ones are RGB, and what pages they are on.

RGB.png

But as many others will tell you, converting RGB to CMYK is no longer the optimum workflow. These days we let the print machine driver do the conversion at the proper values for that press.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create a Preflight profile to search for RGB images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both good solutions - thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines