• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape created in PS doesn't appear in library in Draw

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the custom shape tool in Photoshop to draw a star. I saved it to my library. But it doesn't turn up in my shape library in Draw on my iPad. I chose the "shape" option rather than the "pixels" option to ensure it was a vector graphic; I also tried the "path" option. I know that my library is syncing because a few colors that I saved at the same time are appearing in Draw.

I am new to libraries and a bit rusty at Photoshop, so I'm hoping for some guidance here. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

LD,

And, that's why I don't usually post links as answers.

But, unfortunately, the answer is no. The Shapes library you see in Draw is Capture's library. The confusion arises because it's possible to save both Capture CC assets AND other content to the Libraries panel in Photoshop CC... but only Capture content can be used in Draw.

The only way to use the shape you created in Photoshop CC, in Draw, is to bring it into an Image Layer. To do that, drag it into the Creative Cloud Files folder on your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LD,

I don't usually send people to another link to answer a question but I think in this case, simply because it ended up being a longer conversation about the same topic, it might be helpful to you: Shapes, CC Library and Capture CC

Give it a look and let me know if it answers the question for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sue, for this link, which was interesting to read but didn't totally answer my question (unless the answer is "no"). Let me recast: how can I use Photoshop to create a shape that can be saved to my library and then used in Adobe Draw? I know that the ideal would be to use Illustrator, but I don't need this feature very often. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LD,

And, that's why I don't usually post links as answers.

But, unfortunately, the answer is no. The Shapes library you see in Draw is Capture's library. The confusion arises because it's possible to save both Capture CC assets AND other content to the Libraries panel in Photoshop CC... but only Capture content can be used in Draw.

The only way to use the shape you created in Photoshop CC, in Draw, is to bring it into an Image Layer. To do that, drag it into the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop and you'll be able to access it from the Image Layer menu. The problem is... it won't be an editable file.

Does that help?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes, and (obviously) no. It's always better to have a crystal-clear answer, but based on the other inquiries on the sidebar, it seems I'm not alone in being baffled about this setup. As I understand it, Capture (which I will get when I can afford a new phone with greater capacity) will let me create some somewhat organic shapes by transforming things I photograph into vectors, but it will not let us DRAW simple geometric shapes, of which there are way too few in the Draw library. Add me to the list of people hoping that eventually Libraries will pass through all of the apps, both desktop and mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LD.

I completely understand. The Libraries panel is a "container" for many different types of assets and it's really not clear which assets from it can be used in which apps.

If I'm not mistaken, there's some work being done with regard to making things a little more consistent (with both Libraries and Creative Cloud Files).

And, yes, I'll definitely forward your comments to the product team(s).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. And stay tuned for my inquiry about color shifts between Draw and PhotoShop. . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines