Exit

Smart preview editing distroit my originals

Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dear friends,

need to have an urgent help

I have created arround 500 SMART PREVIEWS to pre edit offline my images. Comming home reconnecting to the original archive gives attention marks to all of the immages I have worked with their Smart previews with the information : working with the image creates failures ( Beim Arbeiten mit dem Foto ist ein Fehler aufgetreten )

When closing Lightroom in the condition it crashes.

What did I do wrong and how to get it solved

System I am working with :

MACBookPro mid 2010

OS X 10.11.6

Lightroom 6.6.1

If any additional information needed, please let me know. I am sooo down :-((

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Comming home reconnecting to the original archive gives attention marks to all of the immages

This has nothing to do with smart previews. It means that Lightroom cannot find the original images, perhaps because you either moved or renamed or deleted the original photos outside of Lightroom. You reconnect the images in Lightroom following these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comming home reconnecting to the original archive gives attention marks to all of the immages

This has nothing to do with smart previews. It means that Lightroom cannot find the original images, perhaps because you either moved or renamed or deleted the original photos outside of Lightroom. You reconnect the images in Lightroom following these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey dj,

thanks for the quick response.

You are right and indead my problem has been the harddrive itsself.

Luckily I had a back-up of the original archive

Thx for the very quick feedback  GREAT :-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines